Western Thatch Ants
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park houses Western Thatch Ants. At the moment of the season these ants are particularly active so please respect these normal bugs and steer clear of any unneeded interruption of these domiciles, that are by means of mounds. Please keep all meals sealed and stored away you should definitely in usage, and make use of garbage and recycling bins to get rid of waste. These actions may help avoid any undesirable relationship with these small animals.
Dogs are not allowed on coastline areas.
Pets/domestic pets needs to be for a leash and in check all times.
you’re accountable for their behavior and must get rid of their excrement. Pets aren’t permitted when you look at the day-use beach areas of this park. Animals are permitted in the coastline next to the campground between May 1 and February 14, nonetheless they must certanly be for a leash. Please observe posted indications (see park map).
About Any Of It Park
Majestic old-growth trees, gorgeous ocean sunsets plus an inviting, wide sandy coastline with campsites nestled amongst mature Douglas fir woods makes Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville among the leading holiday locations on Vancouver Island.
At low tide the ocean recedes nearly a kilometre, supplying a perfect spot for site site visitors of most many years to relax and play when you look at the sand and explore the shoreline. As soon as the tide rolls in on the sun-baked sand, the warmed water is unbeatable for swimming and sodium water enjoyable.
Rathtrevor Beach is great for a relaxed family outing. Just stay straight straight back and immerse up the seaside environment and take a walk through the wooded upland area associated with park. All campsites are in just a 5-minute stroll to the two km stretch of sandy coastline. The park additionally features a big day-use area, ideal for time picnic.
Bird watching can also be a popular task during the park, especially in the springtime whenever more and more seabirds congregate for the yearly herring spawn.
During February, March and April, Rathtrevor Beach can also be among the best spots in the Island to look at jamaican women the migrating Brant geese.
Know Before Going
- This will be a tremendously popular park all year-round. Throughout the summer season (between your week that is last of and Labour Day in September), reservations are needed. From May 15th into the the other day of June, reservations are strongly suggested. Although reservations are needed in the summertime period, unclaimed or unreserved web sites may be around on every night to evening foundation. Please talk with the park operator.
- Alternate camping space might be accessible at nearby Englishman River Falls Provincial Park (13 kilometer) or Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park (24 kilometer). These two areas additionally accept reservations.
- This park won’t have a watercraft launch. The closest launch reaches French Creek Marina, 8 km north regarding the park on Hwy 19a.
All campsite, team campsite and group picnic shelter reservations should be made through Discover Camping. Whenever reservations aren’t available, all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted only at that park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable; there aren’t any first-come, first-served internet sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for the team campsites through Discover Camping.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservations
Location and Maps
Take note: Any maps detailed are for information only; they might maybe not express appropriate boundaries and really should not be employed for navigation.
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is located 3 kilometer south of Parksville on Hwy 19a, on main Vancouver Island. Just just Take exit #51 from the Inland Island Highway (Hwy #19) and follow signs to the park. The closest communities are Parksville, Qualicum and Nanaimo.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps detailed are for information just; they might maybe not express appropriate boundaries and shouldn’t be useful for navigation.
Nature and tradition
- History: Rathtrevor got its title through the Irish household who homesteaded about this land. William Rath, a silver prospector, arrived in 1886 together with wife that is young and child. They built a log cabin, cleared the land, as well as in 1895 they built the barn. William passed away in 1903, making Elizabeth the farm and five young ones. She proved to be a person that is industrious effectively operating the farm and in the end running it as being a campground. The suffix вЂњtrevorвЂќ had been included with provide the campground a far more lyrical name. Rathtrevor Campground became Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in 1967 and even though much changed since William and Elizabeth first arrived, its beauty and value would be preserved for our continued satisfaction.
- Wildlife: a few types of wildlife is seen into the park, including deer, raccoons, squirrels, otters, mink, eagles, osprey, hawks, vultures, owls, and shore that is many migratory wild wild wild birds that utilize the park area in their springtime and fall migrations. The essential famous shore that is migratory would be the Brant geese (Branta bernicla) whom utilize the beaches of Rathtrevor and Craig Bay as staging and feeding areas throughout their springtime migration to north Canada and Alaska.
- Management Preparing Information
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park Management Arrange PDF 1.96MBDisclaimer:This is maybe not the initial management preparation item. This document happens to be scanned through the initial structure regarding the plan. It might include some changes that are formatting though the content is in keeping with the first.
Activities Offered At this Park
Animals on Leash
Facilities Offered At this Park
Drinking Tap Water
You will find 6 team campsites as of this park. Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 are located off Rath path just through the management building, before the day-use is reached by you parking lots.
These websites are located in a field that is open with picnic tables, fire bands, flush toilets/change building and a fresh clean place with fresh water.
Group Sites 5 & 6 are found later on from Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 into the parking that is old 4 area. Group campsites are available from might 12 to October 15. Reservation information В»
Youth team camping fees per are $1/person (6+), with a $50 minimum and $150 maximum night. See the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping fees per evening would be the base price when it comes to website, that is $120.00/group site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimal charge for 15 grownups), plus $1/child (6-15). Kids under 6 are free!
This park has a big area that is day-use/picnic the coastline and ocean with 3 parking lots, 75 picnic tables, 2 reservable picnic shelters, pit toilets, two 2 flush toilet/change structures, walking trails and an adventure play ground. Reservation information В»